Thursday, February 07, 2008

Amy Butler's Nappy bag

I am very late in showing you this, but I finished the Amy Butler Nappy bag a few weeks ago for my friend Jolene. She recently had a little boy and was telling me how she much she liked the Amy Butler Nappy bag pattern. So naturally - I had to make her one!

Amy Butler's Nappy bag

Stats:

Pattern: Amy Butler Nappy bag
Fabric: Alexander Henry's Mocha collection
Mods: I added a key chain clip inside and I left out the bottle holders (she's breastfeeding anyway)

Here's a closer look at the key chain holder I added to the inside:

Amy Butler's Nappy bag

This baby used A LOT of fabric. I think I ended up using about 6 yards total. It uses canvas as the "interfacing" to help give it structure and bulk, and the pieces are huge. The whole bag is huge actually. It would make a fabulous knitting bag too... I may just have to make one for myself in the future!

Here's a closer look inside - I used three different Alexander Henry fabrics in total - all in coordinating colors. The lining is the blue circle fabric and then I used another floral for the pockets on the inside (although you really can't see them too well)

Amy Butler's Nappy bag

The construction of this bag is very unique. I love the way the strap completes a continuous circle with the body of the bag. You'll have to try the pattern to see the genius way it all connects. Overall - it was a great pattern.

Amy Butler's Nappy bag

In other news...

Wow! Thanks for the support everyone! And thanks to :
Polly
Sweet
Jolene
Amie
Large Marge
Jenny
Bea
Coleen
bysarah
Pheelya

for joining me in the challenge! We can do it!! I'll try to make weekly updates on how I'm doing. So far so good!

13 comments:

Stacey said...

ok - that is a GREAT bag!!!! You, me and Sarah seriously need a crafty/doggie weekend....

Stash said...

Great bag! I've made this for several friends as baby gifts. In the coming weeks I'll be sharing one I made out of flour sack towels. It was meant to be a gift but I loved it so much that I kept it for taking on my junking adventures.

Take good care,
Stash Studios

Amie said...

Do we all get cashmere?

Pheelya said...

I got to see the bag at a Wednesday night knit night at Border's. It's gorgeous!! She happily showed it off :)

turtlegirl76 said...

That bag looks awesome! It would make a fantastic knitting bag!

Bea said...

love the bag. One coworker just had his first baby Monday maybe they would like one...hmmm...

weebug said...

beautiful bag! i think that it would make a great knitting bag too.

mrspao said...

Lovely bag :)

Good luck with giving up diet coke - I gave up a while ago and it now just tastes odd and artificial so I'm mostly drinking water now. You've done really well with the weight loss this year - yay for you.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous bag, and the key chain is a great idea - I can never find my keys in my nappy bag!

How's the diet coke going?

Zonda said...

Love that bag! Nice job on it!

Unknown said...

Any chance I could commission you to make one for me? I love this bag, but I don't sew. Let me know what you think. courtneyherickson@gmail.com

Unknown said...

have any time to help with part of the instructions that are unclear to me? I am having trouble figuring out what is meant in the step when the inside and outside are sewn together.

Unknown said...

any chance you could give some pointers on a step we are stuck on? It is the step in which the outside is sewn to the inside. The instructions are a bit confusing to me.