Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ariann Photoshoot

Yes - she's done!

I went out to breakfast this morning to meet up with some friends beacuse Stacey is in town! I had to show off my Ariann of course! Here we are:

Stacey came to visit!

Lolly, Stacey, Jolene (and baby Joe), Coleen and I had a grand time catching up and sipping coffee. Some of us even knit! (not me!)

After our coffee and conversation, I had Coleen take a few photos for me. This is taken right outside Panera. Don't you just love the 70's style architecture of these strips malls - ha!

Ariann

Stats:
Pattern
: Ariann from Chick knits
Yarn: Classic Elite Skye Tweed in Upland Green from Webs
Needles: Size 9 Knit Picks Interchangebles
Buttons: Purchased at Cloverhill yarn shop
Alterations: I made this sweater a size larger than the pattern. It actually came out a little big in the end.

I love this pattern - it's so simple, yet has a striking effect. I did have to rip back twice because I'm an idiot and forgot to stop yo'ing at the raglan shaping - oops!

Of course I had to have John take some more when I got home...

Ariann

Ariann


Ariann

I found the most awesome buttons at Cloverhill too...

Ariann



Yeah for new sweaters - go say congrats to Sarah - she just finished her Central Park Hoodie!!

26 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Lovely cardi - it's a great color on you, and fits beautifully.

Those buttons are completely fab!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Awesome buttons too :)

Lynn said...

Great job, Jody! It is beautiful and I love the buttons.

MEI said...

Wow. I am beyond impressed. Jody, you rocked this sweater!

turtlegirl76 said...

Wow! It looks so cozy! Love the buttons. It looks great on you.

Lolly said...

I just love it! and I was so lucky to be able to see it in person! Wonderful to see you today! :) you look great!

bySarah said...

It looks beautiful. Good job to John and Coleen for their excellent pics! I absolutely love it, and think I may have to cast on for an Ariann of my very own soon! This is definately a case of, I liked it in the pattern, but I LOVE it now that I have seen yours! Thanks for mentioning my CPH, you are too sweet. (I was wondering where my random comments were coming from.) Looks like you gals had fun at breakfast!

Anonymous said...

Nice Cardi..and such a cute button!

Coleen said...

I totally missed the buttons in person! They are perfect. Your sweater and you are both gorgeous. xoxoxo

maitai said...

oh i LOVE those buttons! great job!

Anonymous said...

The cardigan looks wonderful on you! Those buttons are awesome - LOVE them!

Stacey said...

It is so pretty. I love the color and the little laciness of it....I had such a good time!

Pheelya said...

Beautiful work, as always!!

Shelby said...

Love the sweater- it's amazing! Definitely on my must-knit list. And the buttons really do make it! Great find!

Bonnie said...

Great pattern choice - I love how your blouse color peeks through. And John does bring out your best smiles to go with it :)

mrspao said...

Ariann is beautiful - I particularly like the buttons.

chacha / Jen said...

It looks fantastic! Awesome job, and the buttons are perfect for it -- can't wait to see it in person!

Bea said...

Its lovely.

Zonda said...

Looks so good! Lovely color and those buttons are perfect! :)

Diane Doran said...

It's lovely - great job! I've had the pattern for a while and haven't tried it out yet, but as always you're inspirational and I might have to make it now.

Liz said...

Lovely buttons, it looks fab on you!

Lisa said...

I love how your sweater turned out! You have inspired me to add it to my Ravelry queue.

Jinann said...

I love the Ariann! It looks fantastic - great job! (Runs off to add Ariann to my queue of "must do" projects.....)

J.P. said...

The cardigan looks awesome! I love that color on you! Very nice...

weebug said...

awesome job and i love those buttons!

Anonymous said...

Hey there - your ATC swap partner checking in! I loves the Phoenix card, very creative and complicated! I am having such fun reading your blog. I met Lolly in 2006 during Maryland Sheep and Wool, so it was pretty funny to see that same picture from her blog over here, too!