Monday, February 04, 2008

It's just another manic monday...

I wanted to squeeze in a post today.

You know it's a grand day when your amarillis finally blooms! Mine bloomed this weekend and I just had to share:

Amarillis


Amarillis


I also finished up a quick knit - a fair-isle headband.

Colorwork Headband

I wanted to practice my colorwork techniques, so I whipped up this headband. It was a great little project to try - no worries if it gets messed up because it's not like it's a sweater or something big.

I tried several techniques while knitting this:
- knitting with both hands (knitting with my left hand is currently a very slow process for me and I'm trying to improve my speed and tension)
- and knitting both colors with one hand (this actually worked quite well - I was able to knit at almost full speed and without twisting)

Fair Isle Headband

My unwilling model Bailey is sporting my headband as a collar!

Fair Isle Headband

8 comments:

Nic said...

How cute but I wanted your trademark hands outstretched shot.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL flower photos.
And I think Bailey wants to keep the headband for a collar!

Trillian42 said...

Nice headband!

I cannot figure out how to carry two colors in one hand, so I've actually done fairly well with one in each. Next time we run into each other, you may have to show me how you do it. :)

Kerry said...

Hi Jody!

Go check out the link below...

http://kerryknitsinslny.blogspot.com/2008/02/go-ahead-make-my-day.html

Sorry it took me so long to let you know about it. :-)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers! Love the headband, I think Bsiley wants it as a neckwarmer though!

Stacey said...

the flower is beautiful! a great blast of color for a blah winter! your 2 handed knitting will speed up with practice. I was super slow when I started, but now am pretty even speed wise. Cute little project to practice on though! Have something bigger in mind?

Anonymous said...

How cute! Beautiful, cheery, flower shot.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! And you even got a good shot of the unwilling model.