Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 - The Year in Review

2007 has been quite a year!

I went to many craft/fibery events like Maryland Sheep and Wool, Stitches East, a festival at the Textile Museum, a spinning event at the Mannings, I saw the YarnHarlot herself speak, and I went to Crafty Bastards in DC.

I got a spinning wheel, Sarah taught me to sew, made three quilts, knit my first sweater, knit my first lace shawl and learned to dye yarn from the master herself. I traveled to many places like Cancun, Key West, Jamaica, Cozumel, Cayman Islands, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Cape Cod, camping and Wisconsin (for a family reunion). John and I learned how to live with cancer, we made some new friends, lost some loved ones and saw the births of many new babies. Most recently - my dear friend Jolene's new son Joe!

Happy birthday Joe!

Birthday Boy Joe

What a great way to end the year. :)

I also had a birthday (yesterday) and now I'm 32! Time flies!


As a sort of tribute to this year - I put together a mosaic of most of my knitting that was completed in 2007.

2007 knitting

And most of my sewing projects that were completed in 2007. I even got one mentioned in Craft Magazine (woohoo!)

2007 Sewing

It's been a great ride - I can't wait to see what 2008 brings!

Happy New Year everyone!

18 comments:

MEI said...

Happy New Year, Jody!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too! You have been so productive this year!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did a lot of knitting and sewing! I'm impressed! Love all the socks especially! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

great post Jodster!
Love you sister!
E

turtlegirl76 said...

Aww! Lil baby Joe is so cute! Love the hat too. Is that your handiwork?

Happy New Year!

Mauren Mureaux said...

Wow! What a very colorful and productive year!

Here's to a great 2008! Happy New Year!

weebug said...

that is quite a year. happy belated birthday, you have a package coming soon!

Large Marge said...

Down with a migraine as well - Happy Belated B-day. Hope you celebrated in style!

Amie said...

Crap you did a lot!

I uh... I think I finished a hat once...


Happy New Year, Jody!

futuregirl said...

Congratulations on a great year!

Bonnie said...

Again, when did you sleep?

::Imagining the pictures next year after you learn to weave and open your shop::

Ann said...

holy cow - you were a crafting dervish this year! it's great seeing all your projects like that.

Happy new year - I'm predicting great things for 2008!

CiCi and CAJtalk said...

This is such an awesome post, Happy New Year, Happy Belated Birthday and all the best in 2008!
Cajtalk

Mira said...

Happy new year Jody! hope to see more pretty FOs this year, both knitting and sewing!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Jody!! And Happy Birthday to Baby Joe, too ... I hope Jolene is doing well ... and you and hubby are too!!

AllyB said...

An awesome year for you for sure! Love your quilted items. You're an inspiration to me. Good vibes to you and yours for the coming year.

Unknown said...

What an amazing year you had. Your work is beautiful!

Jinann said...

Happy New Year from me too! (A bit late, but the sentiment is the same.)

Which Craft mag issue? I get the magazine....I'm such a loser that I didn't notice "your mention"! Some friend I am! (Kicks self in butt).