Wednesday, February 21, 2007

And the winner is....

Congrats goes out to Knitty Mama!


She won a skein sock yarn hand dyed by me! She was chosen with my highly scientific process of me numbering everyone who added a comment and then asking Giants Knitter to pick a number between 1 and 15 :) She picked 12 and there we have it.


There will also be some other goodies in the package - but here's a look at the yarn.









I am calling this colorway "Dreamsicle" because it reminds me of those frosty treats I used to eat as a kid. (which I think were actually named Creamsicles - but we always called them Dreamsicles)


Man I could go for one now actually - it's always sweltering in my office!

In other news - I have been busily working on my Central Park Hoodie. I am more than halfway done with the back right now. Here are some pictures I took over the weekend - but I think I've done about 4 more repeats since these were taken.



I just love this yarn - it's working up very quickly and I am definitley not bored with it. The cables and the subtle variations in the yarn keep it interesting and fun.




I hope everyone has a great week - it's finally starting to warm up around here - so hopefully some of our ice will melt soon! I did wake up to the most beautiful sunrise this morning - I thought I'd share....


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunrise photo!
Fun name for your yarn.
I am so jealous of your CPH, I better cast on before I try to steal yours!

Jinann said...

WOW! What a gorgeous photo! It's spectacular!

The yarn you dyed is absolutely yummy!

Knittymama said...

Woo Woo! I'm so pschyed, and that yarn is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much. E-mailing you now...

Nittany Knits said...

I love your sock yarn!

Theresa said...

Wow those cables with that yarn look great. It'll be a lovely sweater.

And pretty sunrise pic. I am rarely up early enough for those!

Amie said...

I demand a recount! And do it again until I win that yarn - it's gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Gee , I know you are calling it Dreamsicle, but it reminds me of the candy necklaces on elastic. We used to eat them right off our necks - and in our teens our boyfriends nibbled on them. Ahhhh... those were the days.

I slept in this morning, and after seeing your picture - wish I hadn't. It was nice to see the sun on the snow wasn't it?

danielle said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog last week with kind words on my first scarf. Your yarn is gorgeous! I hope to visit a knit nite soon.

Diane said...

Central Park hoodie is coming out great.

Creamsicles, dreamsicles whatever... it's a wonderful color for yarn

Anonymous said...

Love the sock yarn. Can't wait to see what's next.