Friday, April 14, 2006

"Working" from home

Have you ever been allowed to work from home? Not too many people are allowed to and now I now why. You don't actually work much. So far today - I've showered, (amazing I know) played outside with the dogs, ate breakfast, played on the computer, IM'd, and wrote this blog entry. Can you even beleive my progress! Yeah - I know!

Now - On the knitting news. I finished my washcloth last night! It's gorgeous!



I finished it in two evenings. I like that feeling of satisfaction after finishing a project. It's such a rush! And now the best part is that I get to start something new! I guess I really should finish one of the other projects I started - but new ones are so much more fun! I got some new wool to make another style of felted bag. I think I'm going to try something new - instead of a booga bag - I may try a messenger bag or something. Here are the directions for the washcloth:
Petal Dishcloth


Designed by: Hazel Schrock
Rating: Easy


Materials: 1 ball of cotton yarn, Size 8 US needles.


Instructions: Cast on 16 stitches
Row 1: Slip 1 stitch, K 3, yarn over (YO), K 10, turn and Knit back.
Row 2: Slip 1 stitch, K 3, YO, K 9, turn and Knit back.
Row 3: Slip 1 stitch, K 3, YO, K 8, turn and Knit back.
Row 4: Slip 1 stitch, K 3, YO, K 7, turn and Knit back.
Row 5: Slip 1 stitch, K 3, YO, K 6, turn and Knit back.
Row 6: Bind off 5 stitches, Knit to end of row.
Row 7: Knit across row.


Repeat these 7 rows until there are 12 points.
Bind off next row, leaving 12 inch end. Stitch around center, pull together and join 2 sides.
Also, you can make the "petals" in different coelors by changing yarns every 7 rows


I'll be leaving soom - off to visit mom and dad for easter. I think I better get my toes done - it is Spring after all and two grit and calluses aren't really in this year are they!

No comments: