Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Baby Quilt

I made a baby quilt for my friend Theresa's new baby boy Henry. A while back I bought a fat quarters kit with these awesome orange and blue and green fabrics. I loved the colors and knew it had to be mine.

I just started with a basic log cabin design using some of the fat quarters and my inspiration took flight from there! I headed out for some solid colors to tone it down and make it more "boy appropriate".

I am thrilled with the results!

Henry's Quilt


Henry's Quilt Detail


I finished it just in time for my visit with Theresa on Sunday. We had a lovely visit and she even made cake! Yum! I was a spoiled guest :)

Here is Theresa and Henry looking lovely in their sunroom...

Theresa and Henry

I don't know about you - but I think Henry loves his new quilt!

Henry on his new Quilt

13 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Oh, wow - that's LOVELY! And he looks VERY appreciative, too. :D

bySarah said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Lynn said...

Beautiful! And I know from experience that he will still love it 2, 3, and 4 years from now!!!

Theresa said...

Jody, thank you so much for the beautiful quilt! We love it. It was so much fun seeing you. You come by anytime. I'll make more cake. :)

Stacey said...

how cute! the colors in the quilt are beautiful - so autumnal!

maitai said...

wow, that is absolutely beautiful! i really need t learn how to quilt :)

Lisette M said...

I love your quilt. Log cabin has to be my favorite, there are so many ways to work with it. I made these:
http://lacubanitacose.blogspot.com/2007/06/baby-quilts-for-friends.html. Notice the colorway? Great minds and all that...

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing! What a lucky baby.

(I really love the pale blue fabric with leaves on it -- do you know what that is?)

Pheelya said...

Look at that smirk!! I think he loves the blanket :)

TopazGirl said...

OK, the quilt is lovely, but that baby is SO sweet! I'd say he's totally loving his new quilt. :)

mrspao said...

A cute blanket for a cute baby! I love the colours you've chosen.

Diane said...

What's not to love? A bunch of servents waiting to take care of your every need and a new fetching looking quilt too. Henry has it made.

Tala said...

Hey Jody!

Found your blog through Ravelry and just had to comment - my little one is a Henry, too! Glad to see another little Henry out there - he's adorable! And what a GORGEOUS quilt! Would you mind sharing where you got the kit - those colors are great! Thanks!