Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rhinebeck Loot

At long last I am finally ready to show you what I got at Rhinebeck!

Here's the loot!

Rhinebeck Loot

Rovings:
1. 2 braids (one merino silk and one corriedale)from the Sheep Shack at Mountain View Farms (no website that I could find)

2. Corriedale roving from Grafton Fibers

3. Alpaca mittens (These were my first purcahse as soon as I walked in the first barn - it was cold!)

4. Merino Silk lace weight from A Touch of Twist

5. Majacraft bobbins and 2 cones of cotton thread. This was my deal of the day! I was so excited to find two bobbins for a STEAL! They still have yarn on them too - hehe. The lady selling these was trying to clean out her supply of random things and I saw an amazing deal on a Lendrum speedy flier. Larissa ended up getting it for her new wheel for over half off retail price! I was just happy to find bobbins for half price and she threw in the cotton yarn for free!

6. A Rhinebeck long sleeve t-shirt

7. A Silk scarf

8. 1 skein of green merino yarn - from Shepherds Mill Farm - maybe for a Koolhaas hat?

9. A Silk cap - I have never tried spinning from a silk hanky or silk cap. I got this to try out the technique.

10. 5 different colors of fingering weight yarn from Shelridge Farms - for Fiddlehead mittens

11. 8 skeins of oatmeal merino yarn from Shepherds Mill Farm - for a sweater to be determined.

12. This gorgeous hand sewn Needle case!

Double Point and circular needle case

It holds both circular and DPNs - wow!

Double Point and circular needle case

13. I also was lucky enough to get the signature of Ann and Kay of Mason Dixon fame.
Mason Dixon Knitting

They have the coolest stamps of their pictures too!

Mason Dixon Knitting

14. I also got 2 signed copies of

Steaphanie Pearl McPhee's latest NY Times Best Seller! (one for me and one for Sarah)

Yarn Harlot's Free Range knitter


And finally the most important thing we did at Rhinebeck was handout these buttons...

Cloverhill buttons

Jolene's yarn shop - Cloverhill - is going online!! Now all of you that don't live in Maryland can get the same awesome yarn that I can. Her shop will be open for business starting in November, but you can sign up to receive news and information now!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This haul looks Halloween inspired! How wonderful!

Jodi said...

Lovely goodies! I like that merino silk, and the Fiddlehead mittens will be beautiful.

Stacey said...

look at all the good stuff! good thing you got more bobbins for all that fiber! :)

Joelene's buttons are so cute!!!!

bySarah said...

Good loot!
Can you send me a button for my knitting bag?

Julie said...

I love the roving and those mittens are great. Thanks for the web sites!

Ruth's Place said...

The needle holder is awesome! First thing my eye was drawn to, then I started drooling over the wooden thingies and the gorgeous yarn/fibre goodness you had on display!

Sereknitty said...

Oh my, that's quite the haul! Especially love the needle case and all the wonderful autographed goodies!

weebug said...

lovely haul!

Mia said...

The Shepherd's Wool is a fantastic yarn. If Jolene will carry all of the colors, I will be driving down to the store.

And the mittens look nice and warm.

Jinann said...

Great haul! Sorry I missed Rhinebeck this year. Next year, I'm planning to be there and will be helping a friend.