At long last I am finally ready to show you what I got at Rhinebeck!
Here's the loot!
1. 2 braids (one merino silk and one corriedale)from the Sheep Shack at Mountain View Farms (no website that I could find)
2. Corriedale roving from Grafton Fibers
3. Alpaca mittens (These were my first purcahse as soon as I walked in the first barn - it was cold!)
4. Merino Silk lace weight from A Touch of Twist
5. Majacraft bobbins and 2 cones of cotton thread. This was my deal of the day! I was so excited to find two bobbins for a STEAL! They still have yarn on them too - hehe. The lady selling these was trying to clean out her supply of random things and I saw an amazing deal on a Lendrum speedy flier. Larissa ended up getting it for her new wheel for over half off retail price! I was just happy to find bobbins for half price and she threw in the cotton yarn for free!
6. A Rhinebeck long sleeve t-shirt
7. A Silk scarf
8. 1 skein of green merino yarn - from Shepherds Mill Farm - maybe for a Koolhaas hat?
9. A Silk cap - I have never tried spinning from a silk hanky or silk cap. I got this to try out the technique.
10. 5 different colors of fingering weight yarn from Shelridge Farms - for Fiddlehead mittens
11. 8 skeins of oatmeal merino yarn from Shepherds Mill Farm - for a sweater to be determined.
12. This gorgeous hand sewn Needle case!
It holds both circular and DPNs - wow!
13. I also was lucky enough to get the signature of Ann and Kay of Mason Dixon fame.
They have the coolest stamps of their pictures too!
14. I also got 2 signed copies of
Steaphanie Pearl McPhee's latest NY Times Best Seller! (one for me and one for Sarah)
And finally the most important thing we did at Rhinebeck was handout these buttons...
Jolene's yarn shop - Cloverhill - is going online!! Now all of you that don't live in Maryland can get the same awesome yarn that I can. Her shop will be open for business starting in November, but you can sign up to receive news and information now!