Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sheep and Wool is coming!!

It's so close - I can't wait! Only 4 more days! So who's going to be there? Give me a shout out in my comments so I know to look for you!!

I am going to go to the meetup that Sanguine Gryphon proposed at 1 pm on the grass near the music on both days - so if you're around - stop and say hi!!

I'll be the one with the dazed fiber obsessed look on my face... wait - that will be everyone! So - here's a picture of me in case you don't know me... Definitely stop me if you see me!!


clapotis


I'll be on the lookout for some special finds. I don't really NEED anything but I'm sure I'll find things I just HAVE to have. I'll also be checking out some of the spinning wheels and hopefully I will get a chance to actually try spinning on some. I went to my spinning group last Friday and got to try two different wheels! Thanks Shelby and Laura!

One of the gals - Heather - was a HUGE help and showed me some tips that made everything much easier. Thanks Heather!
Here she is helping me on Laura's wheel.



Spinning help



Thanks for the pic Sarah!

12 comments:

laura said...

hehe I am the worst spinning teacher ever. "Here's my wheel!" *wanders off*

I don't even think I'll make it til 1:00 on Saturday. Shmoo said "are you planning to powershop or what?" and I said, "yes, in, buy stuff, out! gone by lunchtime!"

Diane Doran said...

Well I'm assuming I'll see you. Those are awesome flower pictures in your last post!

bySarah said...

Good pic of you!!

Lolly said...

I will see you, I am sure :) YEA!

Wendy said...

I'll be there on Saturday. Timing, however, is unclear. Just look for the pregnant angora knitter who had the way-too-light spindle :)

Heidi said...

hee hee....can't wait! 90,000 knitters can't be wrong. It's going to be a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I pic of me!!! >laughing< It's not a bad pic... I am so glad I could help out! I should be around on Saturday... If I can pay attention to the time I should see you at the knitblog thingy! If not, enjoy the fiber-fest!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about sheep and wool -- sheepies!! deep fried twinkies!! YARN!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Love the flower pictures in your previous post too.

Theresa said...

I'll be there on Saturday!

And did someone say fried twinkies?

Jinann said...

I'll be there....all day Saturday....and now, a little bit on Sunday too! Wahoo! However.....I may not recognize folks while I'm in a "fiber-haze", so don't take it personally. (You'll probably have to "shout" at me go get my attention!)

Coleen said...

I'm thinking about going, but I really haven't decided yet. I'll have to let you know.