Monday, May 07, 2007

Sheep and Wool - Part Duex

Second day of Sheep and Wool was just as great as the first - but in very different ways. First of all it was much less crowded! Almost deserted compared to Saturday. I headed out with Sarah and Jolene, and later met up with Erin and her cowboy and also hung out with Coleen. The weather was a bit chilly - so Coleen got to wear her Arwen out - Yeah!


Here she is with the cowboy...

Friends

I didn't buy too much on Sunday - some Koigu sock yarn and a spindle were my only purchases. We mostly sat and knitted and hung out and ate! It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon.


Friends

We met some awesome people...
Friends

Who knit some really awesome things....
Super Fugly!

Hee hee!
Super Fulgy!

Some of us had fun sitting on the grassy knoll - while other had fun rolling down it!
Josh


Oh and did I mention that I have such talented friends!! Here are two of the FIRST place winners!!

Amie's socks...
Sea Monster socks

Jolene's socks....
Jody socks

Jolene and her shawl...
Jolene and her shawl

Now - on to the purchases!! There are many - so I'm making them small here - but click on them to see them full size...

Golding SpindelGreen RovingOrange RovingBlue RovingAcid dyesNeedle Felting kifLouet GemsKoiguSocks that rockBasketBasketMD Sheep and Wool t-shirtTote bagSpices

8 comments:

chacha / Jen said...

Sorry I didn't come out on Sunday to hang with the gals... so much fun oohing and aahing at your purchases this evening, though!

Stacey said...

I almost came back on Sunday but was so wiped out!!! Looks like you came home with plenty!!

Heidi said...

Nice spices!

Amie said...

It's so nice to see they had the card with my address on it out there for the world to see!!!

Great pictures - I was there in spirit! (in body, I was in bed)

Nittany Knits said...

Jolene's socks were the most beautiful thing ever!

I love your drop spindel & roving. One spinner was showing me her fleece of the month club roving and it was stunning. You should look into it.

brsmaryland said...

Congrats to Jolene and Amie. Their socks were both very worthy. I love looking at all the entries and winners. Such beautiful stuff and much higher 'standards' than the county fair !

Lolly said...

I love the bag you got!
Haven't been to knit nite in ages... I hope to come soon!

Jinann said...

Doh! I didn't know you were there Sunday too!

I agree....it was pretty deserted on Sunday - that's how I spent long enough at the Golding booth to buy 3 spindles....LOL!