Thursday, June 08, 2006

I have knitteritis!

I think there's something wrong with me...

I'm completely obsessed with buying new yarn and casting on new projects - even though I have plenty of nice yarn and am already making more projects than I can finish! What is wrong with me!!!

Everytime I go online to my favorite blogs or pattern websites I see things that I just have to have or make RIGHT NOW!!

I can’t finish the things I already have on the needles – yet I want to start that lace stole that takes 10 skeins and like 100 years to make! I want it finished by tomorrow – because then I can make the stuffed dinosaur I saw.
http://www.xtreme-knitting.com/Dinosaurspattern.pdf

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After that there’s this cute Chinese looking shirt I need for all those summer time gatherings. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTfestive.html

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh and after that – here’s a darling little necklace I can’t wait to make for all my friends at Christmas. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTknecklace.html

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Maybe there’s there a knitting gene, or chemical in my brain that makes me this way. I don’t know why I am the way I am. I just saw on the news this morning that people who have road rage – are chemically imbalanced. Maybe they ought to do a study on knitters.


My husband just doesn’t understand that when he does things like want me to join him for dinner – he’s taking time away from my knitting! I mean come on – I don’t really need to go with you to that party do it? Your mom will understand that I can’t make it to her birthday dinner because I’m on a yarn shopping spree! Yeah – right….


I must also confess that I am a sensitive knitter. I want people to love what I do! When I show my husband the latest project I have on my needles I want him to sawy – Wow! That’s the greatest thing I’ve ever seen! (And not being sarcastic about it!!) But alas – it seems only another knitter can appreciate the perils and charms of knitting that perfect item with that perfect pattern in that newly purchased perfect yarn.


I just finished a scarf made out of my wonderful Isis that I got in Scotland. I started a scrunchie yesterday – (yes – even you can have knitted scrunchies – look here…) and have taken it into my car as my “car knitting” project. I can now get almost an entire row done just at stoplights! Who knew! Thank you Hollyanne for suggesting this marvelous idea to me! (And no – I’m not making a hat!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is spring -- so this is completely normal for all knitters. I personally have 7 projects on the needles -- without an end in sight on any of them. I have two kinds of SSS (both second sock AND second sleeve) -- insanity I tell you this spring is.

Cast on all you want ---- you'll try to keep up in the winter again, right? ;)

Your Secret Pal