I finally finished my Bird in Hand mittens. I started these back in February, but due to my fickle knitting nature - they were put aside for a bit.
Thanks to Sarah for finishing her beautiful pair - she inspired me to dig mine out and get back to work!
Pattern: Bird in Hand mittens by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Berroco Peruvia - 100% Peruvian Highland Wool - 174 yds / 160 m - I had EXACTLY enough yarn in the main color to complete these mitts. I literally had about six inches left after I kichenered the second mitten.
Needles: Size 3 DPNs
Alterations: I changed nothing about the colorwork pattern, but I didn't knit all the "braids" that the pattern called for. I knit the first one, but it took so long and you couldn't even see it with the yarn I used - that I cheated and just knit Purl bands for the rest :)
My hands can't wait for it to get cold now!