Friday, September 05, 2008

Handspun Friday

A few weeks ago I spun up 4 ounces of 100% merino roving by Cyberfiber. It reminds me of the beach - so I'm calling it Tidewater.

Tidewater Handspun

I am very happy with how this roving came out. I was actually trying for a lace weight, but after plying and soaking - it's fluffed up to be about a fingering weight.

I have over 400 yards of it so I think it's destined to be a shawl of some kind. Maybe something I design? I've been thinking about trying to design a shawl.


Tidewater Handspun


I just love the subtle colors!


Have a great weekend!

Tidewater Handspun

14 comments:

Stacey said...

that is beautiful. you picked the perfect name for it - it looks just like the beach at low tide when you can see all the brown rocks and shells mixed with the blue water!

bySarah said...

It is gorgeous. You should make an I LOVE my handspun scarf (Michelle's Pattern) if you don't feel like making something lacy!

TopazGirl said...

That's just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. I think it would look good on me! :-)

-Rebecca

turtlegirl76 said...

Very pretty! I definitely see the beach in that.

Shelby said...

That is just scrumptious! The colors are amazing.

weebug said...

it is stunning!

Zonda said...

It's beautiful! Good luck with the designing!

Jenn said...

The yarn is beautiful looking. :) Good luck with doing your own shawl Im sure it will be beautiful when you do it. :)

maitai said...

the colors are beautiful! definitely reminds me of the beach as well.

She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Colors are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love it.

Kathy

Cari said...

Gorgeous! Didn't you, like, JUST learn to spin? I can't wait to see what you make with it!

Anonymous said...

Tidewater's a pretty name. Maybe that could lead you into some kind of marine motif for the shawl?

- MJ