Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A day in Chestnut Hill

On Sunday I went up to Philly to visit with Sarah! She has meetings in Philly this week so I took this opportunity to drive only 2 hours to see her instead of 8 to get to Rhode Island. Her sister Jen drove up with me and we also met up with Sarah's friend Staci.

It was a perfect day - sunny and gorgeous and a perfect for walking around the Chestnut Hill area in Philly. We agreed to meet here since there were two yarn shops, two bead shops and a fabric shop - not to mention all the other cute little shops in between. So after a yummy lunch at Roller's we headed out for the craft shops...

We hit The Tangled Web, Bumble Beads, and Fabrics on the Hill:

Shopping in Chestnut Hill

The Tangled Web had a lot of great stuff - Sarah and I fell down near the Lorna's Laces roving and some just accidentally fell into our baskets. I got 10 ounces of gorgeous green and brown roving :) I also got a cool pattern for a kimono style jacket and some sock yarn.

At the bead store - I got some cute leaf beads for earrings and a piece of red coral for a necklace.

At the fabric shop - I was all about the buttons. They had an awesome collection! I am almost done with my Liesl and I had it with me to see what buttons would work. I found three different ones that I love, so I may have to ask for your help deciding! I'll post the options tomorrow. Stay tuned!

The entire neighborhood of Chestnut Hill is so cute! It is full of gorgeous architectural details and lovely gardens:

Chestnut Hill

Blue

Staci and I were dragged into Cake kicking and screaming... and came out with a scrumptious cupcake each. I had a peanut butter chocolate cupcake and she had a Boston creme....

Cake!

A fashion show was also in order! Sarah brought all her recent finished projects!

Here is her lovely sister Jen modeling them:

Sarah's FOs

This is her Adamas shawl and two weaving projects.

It was such a great day! I will post pics of my purchases soon!

8 comments:

bySarah said...

I'm so vain...I love this post cause it is so full of ME. Well, at least of our visit. Didn't we get Lorna's Lace Handpainted Rovings?

cici said...

great post.. Such a quaint town. I have been enjoying beads lately. Love all the photos..thanks:D

Lisette M said...

What a pleasant trip, as always enjoyed your beautiful photography. I would like to take beading classes, can you recommend a good place in our area? Thanks!

Stacey said...

what a beautiful day! that looks like such a "New England" type place to wander around!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. Living in the big city doesn't make for much little town aesthetics. Looks like I need to take some road trips and stumble upon such great shops! And cupcakes, can't forget the cupcakes.

AllyB said...

Now I want a chocolate frosted cupcake :-)

Mia said...

It sounds like you all had a good time. Funny how roving seems to follow you home though.....

mrspao said...

Wow - that looks like such a wonderful fun day.