What are you attempting to make for your friends and family this holiday season? Show me see your list so I don't feel so overwhelmed and alone! Here's mine:
1. Hubby - Socks out of Trekking XXL (Started - one sock almost done)
2. Dad - Socks out of Rowan Tweed DK weight (Started - only about 1 inch done)
3. Mom - Branching out scarf out of Cascade 220 (Started - about 6 inches done)
4. Mother in law - Felted Buttonhole bag out of a skein of "dyer's choice" yarn I picked up at Stiches from Interlacements booth - Done!
5. Sister in Law - Felted Buttonhold bag out of Cascade 220 - (Started - halfway done)
6. Father in law - ? no idea - need some help here...
7. Friend - Hedgehog toy for my friend with 5 hedgehogs (yeah - 5 - she started with one that then had babies!)
8. Brother in law? - again no idea
9. Cousin Kelly - some kind of purse - not started yet
Nine things to knit and only a month and 11 days to do it! Christmas is coming!!!!
Let's vow to only knit holiday gifts for the rest of the year (and it would be a bonus if we actually finish them all!)
No matter your religious affiliation - I think we can all relate to the rush and pressure of holiday knitting. So - let's take some of that pressure off by starting now.
Join me as a Holiday Knitter! Post this button to your blogs and encourage others to get started on their holiday knitting too!
If you have a better button idea than mine - by all means send it to me! You can email me at javajem at yahoo dot com.
Here is the only finished item I have so far.... My mother in law's felted buttonhole bag. She loves Green and Blue - so I hope she likes it.
I actually used two different greens for the middle part and then just one green for the handles. I thought it gave it a nice variation.
I really love how this yarn felted. You can still see the pattern in the colors...
When I felted the bag for my MIL - I also threw in the mitered square bag I finished ages ago. Made from two colors of href="http://www.malabrigoyarn.com/merino.htm">Malabrigo. I could maybe give this to someone for Christmas. I just need to add handles...
I also finished a Lace Bookmark made from Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Iris. This was my first ever "blocked" project. I don't think I did a very good job. Although it is nice and flat - I need to redo it so it's not so uneven around the edges. Another possible Christmas gift.
As if knitting doesn't take up enough of my time - I also made some cards with Giantsknitter. She took me to her monthly stamping group and we made these cute gift tags and card tote. These will be reserved for the recipients of my hand knit items!
And finally - To help get you in the Christmas mood - I'll close with a picture of my Christmas cactus. It's actually blooming this year!! yeah!! (By the way - look out the window - do you see all the leaves out there!! - yikes!!)