Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We're off to see the wizard...

The wonderful Wizard of Oz!

Sunday was Jolene's birthday and as a special treat I took her and her girls to see the Wizard of Oz at the Lyric in Baltimore.

It was a great show and the girls loved every minute of it - as did I.





wizard of oz


It was fun to keep the treat a secret from the girls. They had no idea where we were going! I couldn't resist making these bags for them and even when they opened them they still couldn't guess...

I made each girl a tote bag with this awesome Wizard of Oz fabric from the Seminole Sampler.

wizard of oz bags

wizard of oz bags


And I made Jolene a little wallet from the Ruby slippers fabric.

Ruby slippers wallet

8 comments:

Brigita said...

I love the totes and wallets! They're so cute,

AJ said...

Totally cute totes. I bet they had a great time!

Anonymous said...

What a great friend!What great little bags!! Great memories made!!

Michela said...

What a beautiful fabric!!! I wich I could find such fabrics in Italy...

Michela said...

I meant I wish... sorry ^_^'

cici said...

so clever and sweet and cool of you♥ great job!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Oooo, looks like fun and I *love* those bags!

Lisette M said...

The bags turned out adorable! Great to see you last night, looking forward to our sit and knit.