Monday, September 21, 2009

MD Wine Festival

Sunday was the Maryland Wine Festival in Westminster MD. We couldn't have asked for a better day. The sun was out and the crowds there en masse!

I was amazed to see so many people turn up for a festival in what seemed to me the middle of no where! We drove through some lovely countryside to get there.


MD Wine Festival

I was there to help my friends and owners of the Far Eastern Shore Winery - Tara and Tien. I poured wine until I thought my arms were going to fall off!


MD Wine Festival

If you have a chance to taste some of these wines - I highly recommend them! They are all fruity and delicious!

MD Wine Festival

There were also lots of crafts and things for sale. There was even an alpaca farmer with yarn! I didn't buy any but was happy to pet the soft stuff non-the-less :)

I wish I were still there instead of back to work!

4 comments:

Brigita said...

Looks like a lovely event. We're in the middle of grape-picking season here so I've been around grapes and wine cellars a lot lately too. :)

Trillian42 said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for them! Are they easy to find locally?

Also, their label is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That second photo is very artistic with the wine in the foreground.

It looks like it was a lot of fun!

Mia said...

One of these years I will make the wine festival. Looks like it was fun though.