Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Long overdue Shetland Triangle Photoshoot

I don't know what took me so long to get my act together to actually block this shawl and take pictures. But I finally did!!

I finished this shawl back in March and set it aside to be blocked and promptly forgot about it for months! Not sure why...


Shetland Triangle Shawl

Stats:
Pattern: Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A. Clark from Wrap Style
Yarn: I used about 400 yards of fingering weight handspun made from Corriedale roving I bought at Sheep Shack at Mountain View Farms booth at Rhinebeck last year.
Needles: Size 9
Alterations: None

I love how the yarn makes the stitches and pattern really stand out! I knit this shawl incredible fast too - I just couldn't put it down. It's a bit small to wear as a shawl, but I think I'll wear it as a neck warmer in the winter.

Shetland Triangle Shawl


Shetland Triangle Shawl


Shetland Triangle Shawl


Shetland Triangle  Shawl

In other news - last weekend I threw my parents a surprise party for their 40th anniversary! I'd been on pins and needles for months trying not to say anything that may give it away. It turns out someone told my Dad - I was so mad!!! But he was awesome and kept it a secret from my mom. So she was definitely surprised! I was afraid I was going to give her a heart attack! When we walked in and everyone yelled "surprise!" her heart was beating so hard I could see it in her neck!

There was also a second surprise - my brother and his wife had flown in from Minnesota - so that was awesome too! That was actually a surprise for them both. I'm so glad I was able to (almost) pull it off. It was a lovely day!

9 comments:

byronicwoman said...

so. gorgeous. as per usual. i particularly LOVE the color. yum!

Jodi said...

Just beautiful, and perfect for autumn! Sounds like you planned a great surprise.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Very pretty !!!

Anonymous said...

your shawl looks beautiful.
GREAT color.

congrats on the party's success.

turtlegirl76 said...

So pretty!

calicodaisy said...

The shawl is gorgeous! The color is perfect for you, too.

AllyB said...

Jodi, it's beautiful. Lovely color for fall.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful. The shawl is great too. <3
Jolene

Sereknitty said...

Gorgeous shawl! That one is in my queue as well. My parent's just celebrated their 50th -- we're only at 13, so that seems a long way off!