Saturday, January 26, 2008

Liberty Socks

I should have posted about my latest socks a while ago - but I was busy working in DC all week. May I present my Liberty Socks!

Liberty Socks

Stats:
Pattern: Basic cuff down sock
Yarn: My own handspun
Roving: Mama E's Cyberfiber Merino Tencel in the
Needles: Size 3 DPNs

I starting knitting these socks while I was in Philly a few weeks ago. I was sitting on a bench in front of the Liberty Bell and Sarah and I were enjoying the view. Plain socks were just the ticket for enjoying the day.

Liberty Socks


Liberty Socks

This is the first object I have ever knit from my own handspun. I have to say I am hooked! I started the Diamond Fantasy Shawl last week with some other handspun.
Pics of that hopefully coming soon!!

11 comments:

Mira said...

well done!! The yarn turned out to be so even and the socks are pretty!

Anonymous said...

They came out absolutely beautiful. I LOVE the striping!! You rock. Now I have to go spin something!

turtlegirl76 said...

They look so awesome! Love the striping. The handspun looks great! Do you know how much yardage you used?

Knittymama said...

Those are lovely! I have high hopes this year of being able to spin yarn that's thin enough to knit sicks with.

Bea said...

So so pretty. I think the yarn and the socks turned out very well!

weebug said...

those are absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

They are very cool! Your handspun is gorgeous.

Stacey said...

those are beautiful - like a sunset!

Nic said...

I'm jealous of your arches.

Shelby said...

So pretty! I love the striping.

Diane said...

Wow your homespun looks great! Perfect plain pattern to show off that wonderful yarn.