Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spining Update

My latest obsession?

Spinning everything in sight! I've been busy at my wheel lately spinning up some luscious fiber.

Check out my latest finished yarns:

Mama-E's Merino Tencel blend in a gorgeous pinky brown color (I think it's called Toffee)

Merino Tencel

I spun up about 200 yards of fingering weight from the 4 ounce roving.

Merino Tencel

Crown Mountain Fiber roving in the Wild Thing colorway. Aren't the colors amazing!! Thanks for sending it to me Sarah!

Wild Thing

I got about 180 yards of fingering weight yarn from 4 ounces.

Wild Thing - You make my heart sing

Wild Thing


And finally, another gift - this time from Jolene - some Gypsy Girl roving.

Gypsy Girl roving

I ended up with about 280 yards of bulky worsted weight yarn from 8 ounces.

Gypsy Girl roving

I can't wait to knit something with these! Does anyone have any ideas on what I can make with these? I really want to highlight the yarn. I have something in mind for the Gypsy Girl yarn already - but I could use help finding a cool pattern for the Mama-E yarn and the Crown Mountain Fiber.

I need a pattern that uses less than 200 yards of yarn - so I think socks are out. Maybe fingerless mitts?

I could use some ideas!!

9 comments:

Zonda said...

Beautiful handspun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, spinning. Your handspun is gorgeous, and gorgeous colors as well. You could make a variegated scarf with two of the skeins (switch yarn every two rows). And make a nice hat with the third. Gorgeous, gorgeous colors! *sigh* I miss my wheel! :-)

- MJ

Stacey said...

Fingerless mitts are the way to go!!!! They'd be stunning!!! What about a skinny lacey scarf mixing in a more "blah" color of regular yarn - like they crown mountain with some grey or something?

bySarah said...

I can give you the other half of the CMF and you can make socks...
and I think you should make me a hat out of the red and green yarn - the elfish one from the latest interveave!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jody! I wanted to ask you a question about your blog, but I didn't see an e-mail address for you on here... would you be so fabulously kind as to e-mail me at (webseitler at yahoo)? Thanks! :)

Heidi said...

Outstanding! My vote is for mitts as well. Whatever project you choose it will be lovely. Don't don't forget to post the end result.

Diane Doran said...

I'm mesmerized - what beautiful yarn!

Anonymous said...

Drooling at my computer, your handspun is gorgeous!

Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh wow, i like them all! What a fine job.

Hmmm, ideas for projects? I'm stumped. Sorry!