Only three more posts from now - I will reach 100 posts. In honor of this milestone - I decided to host a contest!
The prizes will be amazing and people will swoon with delight! (well maybe the swooning is bit much to hope for - but still!...)
Included in the prizes is a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport Yarn and some New Mexican made Fiesta Yarn and some other New Mexico souvenirs collected from my travels.
I will be picking a name at random from whoever posts a comment to my blog in the next three posts and answers the following questions.
(Feel free to also post the questions and answers on your blog too - but I'm greedy and want to read them all so post them here too!!!)
1. Since it is my 100th blog contest – If you have a blog – how many entries have you made?
2. What is the first thing you notice about a person when you meet them for the first time?
3. What are you currently reading? And what is your favorite book of all time?
4. Where is the furthest you have ever traveled from home?
5. I’m sure everyone has some knitted project that they just can’t seem to get around to starting. I know I have several. What is something you would like to knit “One day”?
(I would also like to add a challenge to these questions. Everyone who actually finishes their personal “One day” project before SP9 is over (January 31st 2007) will be entered to win a skein of some yummy yarn!. So let “one day” be today! I will post again when SP9 is almost over and ask to see pictures!)
6. And finally – since it is October - what are you going to be for Halloween?
And since turn around is fair play - here are my answers:
1. Duh - 100
2. I always notice people's eyes. Do they look me in the eye? If not - I may not trust them.
3. I am currently reading In her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner. I was a English major in college and have many favorite books - I can't ever seem to pick just one favorite - so here are three... One Hudred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.
4. I had to go to Tokyo Japan once for work. I got to go sightseeing for a weekend - otherwise it was all work - but I had a great time.
5. I have been wanting to make a Clapotis for so long now. I have actually started twice - but ripped it out becuase I wasn't in love with the yarn. Well - I have some yarn now that I love and I need to start!! I will hopefully be posting pictures soon.
6. While I was in New Mexico I bought a cowboy hat - I think I have to put it to some good use... Cowgirl?
OK - start leaving those comments today and for the next three posts and I will put all your names in a hat and then announce the winner in my 101st post.
Good luck everyone and happy knitting!