Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Branching Out Photo Shoot

I made my mom the Branching out lace scarf for Christmas. Her favorite color is blue/turquoise - so I made her the scarf and buttonhole bag to match.

My mom was very self conscious about posing for a photo shoot. She didn't think she looked enough like a "model". Well I think she looks gorgeous!!

Let's hear it for my mom!! The scarf model!!














This was my first lace and first blocking experience - I love how the open work "bloomed" when I blocked it.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful on your Mom!

Nittany Knits said...

The color is perfect for her!

Nic said...

Are you sure you weren't just creeping her out from all the weird angles used to shoot her like hanging from the tree?

Diane said...

Your mom looks beautiful; a perfect model for your craft. Blue is definately her color.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful - what a wonderful color. This is one of my favorite patterns. I need to get back to the one for my MIL one day!

Giantsknitter said...

Fabulous, Dahling! Oh yeah, and the scarf, too!

Have fun in NM!

Jinann said...

The scarf, buttonhole, and your mom are all gorgeous!