Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Belated snow pics and another FO

Look mom – snow!

Here's Hurley checking out the first snowfall of the year.




and....

It's Super Bailey! I love this shot of Bailey running up the steps - it looks like he's flying!




I forgot to post pics of my pups playing the snow last weekend. They love snow! Hurley likes to eat ice cubes and when it snows - I think that he thinks it's ice cubes falling from the sky! He'll run a few steps... then lick the snow... run a few more steps... lick, lick, lick. It's quite a site!


I also forgot to post pics of my latest finished socks. I started these way back in October - and then forgot about them for a while...

But here they are - all done and ready for action!

I present my Plain and Fancy socks!




This yarn is made by: Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool Co.
Unfortunately they don't have a website to share - I got it at the Taos Wool festival. I think you may be able to purchase it at some yarn shops and other wool festivals. Here's an article on the Taos Wool festival that mentions them....and also supplies their email address.




I have also started on some new projects of course...

One is with a new yarn from Noro called Silk country. It's 88% silk and 12% alpaca and so far I love working with it. It is mainly a solid color (unlike most Noro yarns) and it has little flecks of brown and black alpaca fiber in it - giving it almost a tweed look. I made one mitt with them last night and should have the second done soon. I'll post pics soon too!

I'm also almost done with the second sock I started with Sock That Rock in the Lucy Colorway. I love this yarn. I can't say enough good things about it. It is the first time I am using STR and now I know why they rock!! They make the nicest squishy socks ever!

1 comment:

The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

Those socks are beautiful! And the ones you finished before too, I had to go straight to that website and check out their yarn.

That new Noro yarn sounds great!