Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Project 365

With the new year comes reflections of the past and wishes for the future. This new year I have two goals.

1. Get healthy!! I joined a new gym in December that is VERY close to my house. I also signed up for a personal trainer once a week. I have found that when I have an appointment to keep I WILL show up. That means at least once a week I will have a tough workout. I hope to go 3 other times each week. That is my goal at least. I've been sick since my birthday - so I haven't made it that many times but hopefully once I feel better I will!!

2. Take a picture every day. I signed up for Project 365 on flickr. The group pool is here if you are interested in what everyone is up to. This is a group where you post a picture that you took every day for an entire year. I've been wantint to do this for a while, and I figured what better day to start than January 1! I will try to post once a week on this blog and share the pictures I took last week. I only have 4 to show so far - but I will try to keep it going all year. Hopefully this will improve my photography and make me more aware of my surroundings. One major challenge is the fact that I have to go to work and often get home when it's already dark! I may have to get creative with my homemade light booth! ... or gasp! Get up early and take some in the morning.

Here are my first 4 photographs of the year.

My creation

5 comments:

bySarah said...

Yay!!
I love your photos.
Can't wait to see one everyday!!

Peeriemoot said...

I did a Project 365 last year (well, started July '08) and though I wasn't hugely strict with it (missed quite a few days here and there so it I didn't reach no.365 until October '09!) it was good fun and I learned quite a bit from it. There were a few odd days when I had pictures of things like 'inside of washing-machine' because it got to 11pm, it was dark and I hadn't taken any pics that day! I'm still doing it because I'm in the habit and I've enjoyed it so much. Hope you enjoy yours as much :-).

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I agree, your photos are beautiful. So that I remember to check your blog, I've added you to my blogroll.

Unknown said...

Awesome Jody... let's meet to work out!
My brother did a video blog about the 365:
www.grtaylor2.com

byronicwoman said...

awesome! and here's a site that lets you create an awesome "calendar" of your daily photos: http://www.shuttercal.com.