Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Garter Yoke Photoshoot

Finished since November! I finally got around to blocking this sweater and having a photoshoot.


Garter Yoke Cardigan

Pattern: #22 Garter Yoke Cardigan from Knit 1 Winter 2008
Yarn: my own handspun - top portion is Dragonfly fibers and bottom is from Serendipity Farms.
Needles: Size 9
Alterations: I made the yoke much more rounded than the pattern called for - I cast on fewer stitches and increased evenly around the yoke to create a round neck instead of a square neck.


Garter Yoke Cardigan


Garter Yoke Cardigan

I had quite a hard time finding the right buttons for this cardigan. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted - or what I thought I wanted. I was looking for a natural wood button. But when I got to Joann's (the only place I know that has a wide variety of buttons!) I was so dissapointed! Most of the buttons I liked only had around 4 available. I needed 9! I kept on looking around and happened on these amazing leather buttons. I held my breath as I counted how many there were - Yes!! There were just enough. I love their deep brown color against the yoke.

Garter Yoke Cardigan


I love my first handspun sweater and will hopefully have another one after my Olympic knitting!

20 comments:

Her Art Nest said...

Wow! This came out great! I love the color combination. I love aqua with anything (silly me). As usual, awesome photos. Great visiting your blog again. Take care, Nancy

Sereknitty said...

Oh, that looks so cozy! I, too, love the aqua trim, especially on the cuffs.

Monika said...

Your sweater looks gorgeous! I love the colors and it looks like it fits you very well. :o)

chacha / Jen said...

It's beautiful! That color combination is fabulous.

bySarah said...

OMG YOU LOOK AWESOME!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WAY IT CAME OUT!!!!!!!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Beautiful! The colors in the Dragonfly fibers are so brilliant. The buttons set it off beautifully.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

My, My is this a beautiful sweater or what. I love the color combo. I would wear this sweater to death if it were mine !

Anonymous said...

Jody, that is wonderful and beautiful! Isn't it great to work with your own handspun?

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Such a lovely sweater. I really like the dragonfly yarn, it works perfect with your handspun. The buttons look like they were made just for this sweater. Wishing you a great day. :)

MEI said...

This is gorgeous! Makes me want to try to knit a sweater!! You look amazing modeling it. :)

brsmaryland said...

It looks great and you look very pretty in it. Perfect colors for you!

cici said...

very pretty♥ I love the colors together, and the changes you made. Great job!

Zonda said...

It's beautiful!!! Great buttons, they just pop and look good!

Zonda said...

I forgot to add that I love your rounded yoke and the contrasting cuffs!

cheryl said...

It turned out great - congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome sweater. I love the colors and I think the buttons are a perfect touch.

mrspao said...

That is such a beautiful sweater. The leather buttons suit it perfectly.

Knittymama said...

That's beautiful! Thanks for reminding me to stay focused w/ my spinning!

Anonymous said...

Wow a whole sweater out of your own homespun. So impressive. It looks amazing.

Heather said...

Jodi, I didn't realize that ALL of that sweater was your handspun - I just assumed the brown was a commercial yarn. What's that they say about assuming . . . ? :O)