Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy end of 2009!

I'm ending the year with a cold! I've been surprisingly healthy all year - I was definitely due... and it waited until my birthday to strike. Yes yesterday was my birthday! Even with my sniffles and cough I enjoyed my day. John planned a wonderful evening!

He took me out to Marcell's for a pre-theatre 3 course tasting dinner. I had the most amazing proscuitto wrapped monk fish followed by Lamb tenderloins wrapped in Phyllo with carmelized onions and Cumin Madeira sauce. For desert I had a souffle duo with gelati.

Dec09 276

The souffles were amazing! One was chocolate and one was vanilla. Yum.

After dinner Marcell's had a car take us to the Kennedy Center for our show. We saw The Young Frankenstein. Here's the set before the show started.

Young Frankenstein

It was a great night.

Since today is also New Year's Eve - I figured I'd look back at the year and see what all I've accomplished.

Here's a mosaic of the things I've knit this year.

2009 Knitting

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

6 comments:

PiinkPoodle said...

Happy New Year!! And Happy Birthday!!

bySarah said...

Your bday celebration sounds great.
Happy New Year!

chacha / Jen said...

Sounds like a great evening! I hope you're feeling better!

Jinann said...

Happy Birthday a bit belated!

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening...in spite of your cold!

Kerry said...

Happy, happy birthday Jody!!! It sounds like you had an amazing day. :-)

I hope the New Year brings you and John everything you wish for and more!

MsJoanie said...

Among the list of things knit... you forgot Simon the Bear!