Monday, June 30, 2008

Virginia is for lovers

Yarn lovers that is!

I spent last week in Virginia attending a training course. I was surprisingly very busy with studying and work for the class - but I did find some time to sneak away to Alexandria one night.

I paid a visit to two yarn shops - Knit Happens and Springwater Fiber.

First stop was Knit Happens...

Knit Happens.

The shop is lovely and so are the employees. I remembered meeting Holly at Stitch and Pitch. I was also hoping to run into Rossana - but alas she wasn't working that day.

Maybe I was a bit biased - but I think my favorite employee was Ms Lola:

"Lola"

It could also be that I was missing my pups! I ended up buying a skein of Neighborhood Fiber Co in a lovely shade of green (surprise, surprise).

After getting my fill of puppy love - I headed out and over to Springwater Fiber Workshop.

Springwater

What an awesome place! They have everything a fiber lover could want - yarn of course and spinning, weaving, and felting supplies to please anyone. I admired the lovely looms and cones of yarn - telling myself I really do not need another obsession! I managed to tear myself away and focus on the yarn. I got some lace weight hand dyed in the shop and some sock yarn by Happy Feet.

Can't wait to knit something with all this new yarn!

7 comments:

Ally Jay said...

I can't believe how many people are knitting there. Was it organised?

Stacey said...

what a cute pup! seeing dogs when I'm away from home always makes me miss my boys.....

Lolly said...

glad to see you had fun while in training :) it is cool that those two shops are so close to each other.

Anonymous said...

next time you're in the area, let me know! springwater is one block from my office (which is a 10-min walk from KH). Glad you had a good trip!

mrspao said...

Nice trip :)

knitseashore said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip, and were very restrained!

knittish said...

I can't believe I missed your visit! Drats! I will email you my cell phone number (or Mama E has it) so next time you are down this way, you can call. =)

I hope you are well.

Big hugs,
Rossana