Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Diet Coke update!

It's been 36 days since I gave up Diet Coke. I didn't think I could do it! But I have been soda free for over a month! How are you doing? Anyone cave in to the caffinated treat?

Instead of soda, I've been been drinking lots of water, crystal light and iced tea.

For those of you who joined my No Diet Coke challenge - there's only 10 days left before you can crack one open! Do you think you will go back to it? I'm going to try not to.

Give me an update! How are you doing?

And because I hate posts without pictures - here's my latest hand spun. It's 100% merino roving hand dyed by the wonderful Woolarina.


Green handspun

I was trying for a worsted weight yarn and I think I ended up with more of a bulky worsted. I have about 145 yards. I'm thinking this would make a beautiful sweater yoke.

Now I just need a few more skeins in the same weight in some different colors and I'll be ready!

19 comments:

Stacey said...

Good for you!!!! Giving up caffeine is hard!

The handspun is stunning. That color is amazing!

bySarah said...

Love your newest yarn!!!
and
No diet coke for me, and I think I am giving up the rest of diet sodas too.

Anonymous said...

No soda here! I think I will continue after lent is up as well.

Pheelya said...

No DC or any soda of any kind :) Lots and lots of water! I won't say I'll never drink a soda again, but I am going to keep it to a minimum.

The handspun is gorgeous!!

mrspao said...

You can do it!

Beautiful yarn.

Coleen said...

um... that yarn is GORGEOUS. I love the color! I have been crack, I mean diet coke, free since january! I think I ate too many chi balls so now I don't want it!

Anonymous said...

Way to go - no Diet Coke! I gave it up as my New Year's Resolution this year, and I've actually been pretty good. I don't get a massive headache in the afternoon when I don't have one anymore, which is definitely progress.

Nittany Knits said...

Well, work has been so horrible that I have switched from water to caffine occasionally. Pretty bad for a gal who never consumes caffine.
I'm so glad you are doing great on the 'No Diet Coke'! I wouldn't go through the caffine withdrawl again if I were you.

Bea said...

I haven't had one at all! Actually, I had totally forgotten about this. After a couple of weeks I didn't even think about getting one!

Anonymous said...

I have been caffeine-free and really proud that I have not given in.

Jane

Unknown said...

I'm impressed!! That's a long time to give up soda. I don't think I've ever made it that long.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on giving up the soda! Are you feeling better for it?

Love your latest yarn, very nice!!

knitseashore said...

Good for you!!! Congratulations!!! Just reading about giving up caffeine gives me the shakes. I couldn't survive without my tea! Do you still drink tea or coffee, or have you given those up too?

Discipline is a great thing and you should be proud!

Anonymous said...

Good job! I love the handspun you've spun.

I've tagged you for a meme on my blog. Come and visit.

Lynn said...

I'm hanging with you on the diet coke but it has been HARD. I thought I'd not miss it but I do. I will be heading to an open McDonalds (if there are any) or the Super America to get me one on Easter Sunday. Bad, I know!

Lolly said...

Lovely handspun!
stay strong - don't go back!

Anonymous said...

such pretty yarn!! :)ynheggg

Anonymous said...

haha, um. that's the word verifications.. apparently I can't type!

Large Marge said...

Still no coke...torture...must have coke soon...Lent ends Thursday!!!Blast!Supposed to be fasting Friday...