Friday, June 15, 2007

Eye Candy Friday....

Happy Friday everyone! I wanted share the latest blooms from my garden...

I just love the colors:

Summer flower

Summer flower


Also - I have officially gone over to the dark side... I was crocheting!
I decided I needed that Larger than Life bag from Interweave Crochet.



I started making just the centers - and soon I will add more colors.

Sorry for the dark photo - but here's the first layer of color - a beautiful aubergine.

Crochet

Here are the other colors I am going to pare with it... a light tan, a green and a dark brown. All are Tahki Donegal Tweed.


Tweedy goodness


To get some crochet practise before I really start the hard part of the sqaures - I crocheted a bowl and then felted it - to hide all my mistakes!


Felted bowl

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful flowers!

Well, at least you have gone over to the dark side for a beautiful project! I like the colors you've chosen.

Have a great weekend!

chacha / Jen said...

That's a lot of gorgeous stuff for one post... :)

Pheelya said...

I'm working on that same bag :) I have all my squares made, so I'm on the main part of the bag. Hopefully done with it soon. Then I'll have to beg my sister to help me line it :)

Amy said...

Those are wonderful flowers! I really like the yarn you are using for the bag.

Jinann said...

Cool bowl! Is it your own design or did you use a pattern?

The "bigger than life" bag is giving me "flashbacks" of the 60's and 70's!

Diane said...

Felting "fixes" many mistakes ... that's the best part of it. Your garden must look loverly.

Stacey said...

gotta love felting.....

Anonymous said...

You are just a busy bee these days. Love the bag.

Anonymous said...

by the say Anonymous is me Kathy from Thur. night knitting ;-)