Monday, December 11, 2006

Almost done...

I'm almost done with my Christmas knitting! I know - I keep saying that - but really I am very close now. I only have to finish my mom's scarf. The only problem is it's a lace pattern and I actually have to pay attention when I work on it! That means no tv knitting - and that means I rarely work on it!

I did finish another fair isle hat this weekend - it will be for my Dad...

I based the pattern on the snowflake that was charted in this article from knitty. –

and then I changed it up a bit...





My hubby liked it so much - he asked if I could make him one - but he doesn't want a snowflake.... he wants this on one side...



and this on the other...




We came up with these charts..






It will be a black hat, with white logos and he wants a single line of red around the bottom. Yes - he's very particular! He's a big VW nut. As long as I've known him - he's had a VW of some kind. When he met me - I had a VW Jetta and he says it was one of the reasons he went out with me!! Ha! If anyone else is in the same VW lov'n family - feel free to steal these charts. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel! (Sorry - bad car joke)

I'm not sure how they will come out - but I'll keep you posted!

Oh and I have been meaning to post about my new Knit Picks Needles…




These beauties are sharp!




So far I really like them. I agree with everyone else that they really should have the needle size written on them. But - I think I'll just keep them in the original holder - it has the sizes written on that. I love how sharp they are. I love the smooth joins and the flexible wire. They are a bit heavy - but so far they are working out great!


Oh and here’s a bonus photo of Rebecca in her groovy new shirt! This woman is so cool - she wore this shirt to work on Friday! Rock on!


4 comments:

Coleen said...

Hey! stop copying me! :)
Your snowflake hat looks great!

Nic said...

So is the trendy new boy style to wear a hat without a folding brim? I need to make a solid black cap, but that just seems like it would look to weird.

Ever since that Gilmore Girl's episode I see that shirt all over the place. It's quite comforting since that article in Publisher's Weekly saying the knitting craze is dying down...

Anonymous said...

I came across in a message I received. I like yours too!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123

Kathleen (k1P2)

Diane said...

The hats look great. Don't you love it when you finish something and get another request?

Gotta say the extra weight of the options needles are fine with me because the cord is so darn flexible. Makes knitting a breeze.