Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My last Stitch and Bitch for a while....

This was the last Tuesday night Stitch and Bitch for me in Albuquerque for a while. I'm so glad I am going home and actually get to stay there for a bit - but I will miss the wonderful ladies I met at the Flying Star.

Thank you thank you for welcoming me into your group and for being such good friends! I could not have made it out here were it not for you!

I'll miss everyone - and I'll miss the Flying Star Mac and Cheese too!!

Here's Heather (who needs a blog :)
and Molley



Noelle and poor Cheryl - trying to wind yarn and ending up with a big rats nest instead!



Beth modeling her awesome cabled hoodie! I love this!



And some other random pics of the girls knitting (and crocheting and naalbinding) away. What the heck is Naalbinding you may ask? Read this...






There was a reporter there from the Albuquerque Tribune and I got interviewed. When she found out I was actually from Maryland - she was very suprised that I found the Stitch and Bitch group! I may get my name in the paper - cool!!

ScoutJ was also there (in the red shirt above) with camera in hand - she's hosting an author on her site for a blogtour for a new book soon. I'm not sure if it's a secret so I won't tell which book it's for - but I loved the sweater on the cover of it! I may just have to tackle it for a first sweater project!

I worked on my sock most of the night between sips of iced coffee and a luscious piece of pecan pie. Yum!

Thanks again ladies for making my Tuesday nights more enjoyable!

2 comments:

Large Marge said...

Their loss is our gain.
They do seem like a fun bunch, but we've missed you and I for one am happy you're coming home!

Giantsknitter said...

What she said!!! :-)