Monday, July 10, 2006

Summertime

It was such a glorious weekend - hot but still great. I met up with some of my girlfriends from high school on Saturday and we had our monthly lunch. It's always nice to catch up! After lunch we saw Pirates of the Carribean. Save your money and wait for the DVD. It was definitely NOT worth the price of admission. Way too long - way too many fight scenes and way too much digital effects and way too little actual story. Didn't like it. At all.

Anyway - after that experience - I picked up cousin Kelly and we just chilled out at home and watched a better movie - Nanny McPhee - very cute! A Mary Poppins like movie of a nanny with magical powers and 7 very bad children who miraculously become good children in the course of several days. It was definitely a fairy tale!

Sunday was spent gardening!

There was a buy one get one free sale a the local farmer's market/nursery - yeah! I got 2 butterfly bushes, 2 arborvitae, 2 pepper plants, 2 hanging baskets (one tomato and one flowers), 2 ivies, 2 coleus and another burgundy ivy I don't know the name of. I also found some time to photograph the denizens of my garden.

A lady bug enjoying a stoll on my hydrangea tree:





And a butterfly with beautiful marking sipping on some flowers.




Bailey was working hard to catch this butterfly.... It was funny until he almost got it!!

Fly away quick before he gets you!

No comments: