Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Flowerly Flip Flops and more

I was so excited when I got home from work yesterday to see this!!!!



A package from my Flip Flop Swap pal Debby!

She got me so much cool stuff - flowerly flip flops - because she knows I like to garden, lip gloss, beads (yeah!) and the most beautiful yarn and a pattern to make a scarf from it. She knows me too well! I love green and everything in the package coordinated so well!

Check out these gorgeous beads:





And I'm still drooling over this yarn - so yummy

Just look at the colors in here...


I am very happy - thank you so much Debby - you made my day!


This past weekend - I finished my second pair of socks! They are Thuja from Knitty.com. I used knit picks Memories in RedWood Forest. I am very happy with how they came out. Here's a pic...



In other knitting news - I took a hint from Wendy on this idea - to use my sock yarn scraps on a log cabin blanket. I used the remaining yarn from these socks, some Koigu I had left over, and also some of the remnants of the Blue Heron yarn from my little bag. I think this will be a nice way to remember my projects.



Now that my socks are done - I am starting on my Noni bag. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I started last night and so far I love the results. Here's the yarn and the pattern I'm doing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody, I'm so glad you like your package! It was hard to mail that pretty green yarn but I was strong. :)

Thanks for posting about your Noni bag. I've just bought the yarn and pattern for the baguette bag and all I need now are the needles. I'm wondering what I've got myself into...the directions are a little confusing. Let me know how yours goes!

Shelby said...

I have to say the green handpaint is absolutely gorgeous! What an awesome package!!

Lindsay said...

Ummm, if you hear anything creepy during the night, just stay in bed because it's only me sneaking in to kidnap that yarn.
I also really like your socks. I think Holly-Anne and I are stalking the same colorway of Memories. I'm very happy that I checked out their sock yarn.