Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quilted coasters

A dear friend of mine turned 40 this past week and I wanted to make her something special.  Unfortunately when you have a busy toddler - making something special can be a bit of a timing issue. 

So I went for quick and pretty!  I hope she thinks they are special :)

Untitled

I was inspired by these pretty green coasters from Homemade Ginger.

My friend loves Asian inspired fabrics - so I chose this lovely Alexander Henry fabric from the stash.

The tutorial was easy to follow and they came out great!

Untitled

One of my favorites is the one with this white crane:

Untitled

 I also love the one with the geisha girl:

Untitled

 All they needed was a little bow and they were perfect for my friend.

Untitled

 I think I will be making more for Christmas gifts!



7 comments:

Lyn said...

They're lovely!

ruthsplace said...

They look great. Lovely gift idea.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Very nice! I am sure your friend will love them. :)

Rebel Blossom @ Studio 2sixty said...

Fabulous! She will treasure them! x

Brigita said...

These look gorgeous. I love the fabric!

Sarah said...

they are so pretty!!
perfect erin fabric!!

mrspao said...

Beautiful coasters! I love things like that as they are a gift you can keep looking at. I have some someone made me and I think of her everyday when I use them.