Sunday, April 06, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me and my hubby!

Today is John and my 5 year anniversary!

5 years ago today - we had a wonderful ceremony at The Cloisters in Baltimore.




It's been a long road! We've experienced many things together - wonderful vacations, raising two great dogs, building a new house, living through a fire, his car craze, my knitting (and spinning and sewing) craze and now living with his cancer and chemo. John gets his "ileostomy reversal" surgery on Thursday and looking back it seems like just yesterday we got the "news." Now we are closing in on the home stretch! It's a great anniversary present.

Speaking of presents! John got me a great one! I new tripod for my camera! Thanks sweety!


He also wrote a very sweet post to me on his own blog - go and read it!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Jody and John!
Jolene

Anonymous said...

love you jody
joshua

turtlegirl76 said...

Happy Anniversary!

mrspao said...

Happy Anniversary - you are a beautiful couple.

Unknown said...

We have such wonderful memories of your wedding. A very proud day for us. This past year showed us how strong and courageous you both are. Have a great day. We love you.
Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! All the best in the cancer recovery.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, you both look great. John's post brought tears to my eyes. Here's to his surgery going exceptionally well on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful gift you two have in each other!!!

bySarah said...

Beautiful picture...
Happy Anniversary to both of you.
Enjoy each other.

Gail said...

Happy Anniversary. Johns thoughts about you are beautiful!

Trillian42 said...

What a great picture! Congrats on five years!

And BIG congrats that his recovery has gone so well!!!

cici said...

Very Nice Happy Anniversary!!!!

Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary - and best wishes for MANY, MANY, MANY more!

Anonymous said...

Oh! His post made me tear up. He really loves and appreciates you so much.
Congratulations on 5 years and here's to a lifetime together!

Bea said...

Happy anniversary Jody and John!! I hope his surgery goes well! That is a really lovely photo.

gnomegarden said...

*sniff* 2 lovely posts. Happy Anniversary and wishes for a million more! Dawn

maitai said...

happy anniversary! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you enjoy many, many more happy ones in the years to come.
John's post was beautiful.

chacha / Jen said...

Congrats and wishes for many more! Gotta have you guys over for dinner sometime :)

Zonda said...

Happy Anniversary! Sniff, your hubby's post was awesome..off to fix my makeup now! Hugs and will be thinking of you two this week! :)

Stacey said...

Awwww - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! We celebrate our 5th this year too!!

Chris said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope that your hubby gets better--ahh gosh. What kind of cars. My hubby has five 56 desotos--talk about a car craze. But his hobby is really much more expensive than mine--so he doesn't say mych when I buy yarn, etc. Have fun at the yar festival